Our client, a Fortune 500 company, currently seeks a Senior Accountant to join their corporate finance team. The successful candidate will work with a diverse group of financial professionals in an environment that encourages new ideas and sharing best practices amongst your team and other business units. The company is looking for a motivated professional with a strong desire to succeed and take his or her career to the next level. Excellent benefits include paid MBA and much more.
* Perform accounting research related to FASB and SEC pronouncements.
* Provide on-going management reporting, financial analysis and quick response to ad-hoc requests.
* Assist with the monthly closing process including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and special projects.
* Assist with the preparation of financial statements, including SEC filings.
This is a unique opportunity with one of the top companies in the area. They have a long track record of providing numerous promotional opportunities to their employees. If you are serious about taking your career to the next level, we encourage you to explore this opportunity.
* BS in Accounting, Finance major (or equivalent work experience)
* 2-8 years of accounting experience involving a working knowledge of GAAP.
* Strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong computer skills with an understanding of automated systems.
* Experience in accounting for derivative instruments a plus.
* CPA or MBA a plus.
SALARY: $60,000-$75,000 + Performance Bonus
LOCATION: Greater Hartford, CT