Accounting Manager/Asst. Controller
We are exclusively recruiting for our client, a growing and well-established company that is a leader in their industry.
As Accounting Manager/Asst. Controller, you will report directly to the CFO and will be responsible for all day to day, monthly and annual financial accounting related activities. If you have a strong desire to succeed and are looking to take your career to the next level, please investigate this opportunity. The company is looking for someone that can grow into a full Controller role over the next few years and be in a position to assume the CFO position upon the incumbent's retirement in approx. 10 years.
A sample of the responsibilities is listed below:
1) Provide direction and training to approximately 5 staff
2) Financial reporting (GAAP and management basis), including domestic consolidations
3) Maintenance of written operating and accounting policies, procedures and controls
4) Accounting system integration and upgrades
5) Cash management and cash flow analysis
6) Financial analysis of budget vs. actual results
7) Special projects as assigned.
·BS/BA degree in finance or accounting, CPA a plus, but not required
·5-15 years of progressive work experience at a small to medium sized business with revenues in the $20-120 million range
·Proficiency with MS Office programs and accounting software packages (MS Excel knowledge a must)
·The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
·Solid inventory systems experience
·Self-starter attitude, willing to do what it takes to get the job done
·Ability to effectively interact with people at all levels of the company
SALARY: $50,000-$60,000 + Performance Bonus
LOCATION: East of New Haven, CT