Senior Manager/Director - Accounting Policies
DESCRIPTION: Our client, a Fortune 500 worldwide business leader, currently seeks a Senior Manager/Director to join their team. The successful candidate will be the primary contact on accounting issues and questions that arise within the company relating to proposed business deals and transactions. You will participate as a member of cross divisional teams that are established to address particular issues, transactions and the potential impact of proposed or enacted accounting and SEC standards. You will also spearhead the development of the company's accounting policies. After approximately 2 years, you will have the opportunity to rotate to another high-level accounting/finance management position, either in Corporate Finance or within the Operating Units of the company.
NOTE: THE EXPECTED CAREER TRACK OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE TO THE EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT RANKS.
This is a very rare high-level opportunity with one of the most respected companies in the U.S. You will be working with the best and brightest staff and fellow management team members in an effort to formulate a best practices accounting environment. This is a high exposure position with a tremendous amount of impact to the company's operations and financial results. The company has a long track record of providing rotational and long-term career growth opportunities. Solid benefits include paid MBA and much more.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting;
* 7+ years of experience at a Big 4/5 accounting firm or a combination of Big 4/5 and industry experience;
* CPA required;
* Superior technical accounting, presentation, oral and written communication skills; must have executive presence;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
* Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization.