Manager of Financial & Operational Analysis
DESCRIPTION: Our client, a Fortune 100 worldwide leader in their industry, is currently in the process of developing an exciting new department charged with the goal of assessing the company's most significant issues, projects and challenges, developing and implementing solutions to these issues, and creating and monitoring controls to be used on a prospective basis. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the premier companies in the world, reporting directly to the Controller, a highly charged, well respected member of executive management. You will take your career to the next level with a strong, growing, dynamic company, and a position that is full of challenges and diverse projects and responsibilities.
The company provides excellent benefits including 401(k) plan and pension plan, 100% tuition payment (including executive MBA program and company stock award of $10,000 upon completion) and much more. Your future potential is unlimited, as there are many different directions to which you could drive your career within the many divisions and units of the company. DO NOT MISS OUT ON EXPLORING THIS VERY RARE OPPORTUNITY.
***THE COMPANY IS WILLING TO PAY FULL RELOCATION BENEFITS***
Overall Mission Statements:
* Provide superior customer service to entities and support groups in manufacturing and accounting operations to help them promote strong but practical management controls and efficient processes. This position will give you an excellent overview of the company's many units and divisions and will provide many contacts for future career development.
* Become an active member of a business unit team; get involved with decision-making, financial planning, Kaizen events, and development of new business. Take a proactive role in helping the business unit manage cost by educating unit personnel on financial matters and cost reduction opportunities. Become involved in financial projects as well as making presentations to business unit personnel and product center management.
* Support and advise the business unit on financial and business matters. Develop strategies for controlling costs and improving visibility to cost data. Make recommendations supported by financial data as well as analyze the financial consequences and outcomes of business unit strategies.
* Fulfill business unit financial reporting and measurement requirements including closing activities, variance analysis, capital and expense tracking, forecasting, budgeting and reporting.
* Work closely with manufacturing engineers, cell leaders, peers in other business units, core financial, and management at both the business unit and product center levels.
* Using a structured approach, evaluate management controls (financial, information systems and operational). Identify areas requiring improvements. Document results of findings, propose practical solutions AND assist in the implementation of those solutions.
* Provide ongoing "consulting service" to the ERP team in the Information Systems implementation process.
* Provide technical accounting assistance, ensuring business transactions comply with established procedures, GAAP and FASB.
* Spearhead special projects and new initiatives and investigations as directed by executive management. Remain involved throughout the entire analysis and resolution process.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA, CIA or MBA preferred); 5-15 years of experience in accounting/finance or auditing (MUST have had experience in a manufacturing environment with exposure to both accounting/finance and operational issues); highly motivated, energetic individual with excellent communication skills; strong information systems technology skills. NOTE: Examples of ideal candidates may include someone that had public accounting experience and then joined a manufacturing company, with exposure to accounting, costing, operational (interacting with personnel on the shop floor) and other issues; alternatively, a Controller/CFO of a medium sized manufacturing company with progressive experience could be a strong candidate, provided that the person's experience includes both financial and operational elements.