Senior Manager-Cost Accounting Finance
DESCRIPTION: Our client is a large international manufacturer in search of a high potential individual with cost accounting expertise, as well as knowledge in the key aspects of manufacturing systems. The company has operations throughout many parts of the World. After this initial assignment, you will have the opportunity to transition to another finance role either within Connecticut or in a location that is desirable to you. The company provides excellent benefits including fully paid MBA programs and has a long track record of providing career growth opportunities.
Responsibilities include: Oversee the configuration of a cost accounting template to serve as the basis for cost accounting at selected manufacturing facilities. The cost accounting template will be featured in the new JD Edwards financial reporting system. The work will entail:
* Using the company's cost accounting manual, subject matter experts, accumulated best practices and local requirements, design a detailed template cost accounting system to be implemented at 3 factories overseas and 2 factories in the U.S. This system will comprise all aspects of transaction processing, inventory accounting, cost center cost allocation, G/L interface, planning and reporting.
* Working with JD Edwards and outside consultants, configure the JDE system to function in line with all of the "master design" requirements of the manufacturing and cost accounting systems.
* Discuss and negotiate with local factories any adjustments or modifications to the "master design" as necessary in each location.
* Present recommendations whether or not to implement requested modifications and how implementation could be accomplished with the least impact on the "master design".
Supervise and manage JD Edwards and other outside consultants hired to assist with project design and implementation.
* Coordinate project design and deliverables with Information Systems and Manufacturing staff assigned to the project.
NOTE: Candidates must be either U.S. citizens or Green Card holders.
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree; 6+ years experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge in the areas of MRP, Production Planning, Master Scheduling, BOMs, Routings, etc.; comprehensive experience in all aspects of Inventory accounting and preferably in cost distribution systems as well; financial audit, planning and reporting experience is a plus. Willing to travel approximately 25%, both domestic and international.