Corporate Tax Specialist
DESCRIPTION: Our client is a Fortune 500 company located in a Suburb of Hartford. They currently seek a Corporate Tax Specialist to join their team. This is a strong company with worldwide operations. If you are currently with a Big 4 accounting firm or in private industry with Big 4/5 experience, this is an opportunity worth exploring.
1. Preparation and review of year-end tax accrual including federal, state and foreign tax provisions of legal entities. This will include the review and preparation of deferred tax balances and detail components along with the other related tax balance sheet accounts.
2. Preparation of federal and state income tax returns, quarterly estimates and extensions for U.S. entities. This includes identification, research and documentation of federal and state issues.
3. Computations for the foreign tax credit (FTC), including the calculation of earnings and profits of foreign subsidiaries and the calculation of foreign sourced income and related expense apportionment/allocation. Assist manager(s) in the identification and resolution of various FTC issues.
4. Preparation of Form(s) 5471, Information Return of U.S. Persons with Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations and related attachments/elections/disclosures.
5. Assist in gathering information for federal audits. May have a direct relationship with the IRS auditors in connection with specific issues assigned.
6. Responsible for state audits, including scheduling, data gathering, discussion with auditors on specific issues, final conclusion and agreement. Will be responsible for the preparation of protest letters for items that remain unagreed.
7. Establish contacts at various divisions/subsidiaries for documentation and resolution of federal, state and foreign tax issues.
8. Assist with various assigned projects, including research and planning for specific issues.
NOTE: You will be working at a world class company in a department comprised of numerous ex-Big 4/5 tax specialists. This is a tremendous (and rare!) opportunity for a tax professional to take his or her career to the next level at an organization that offers unlimited career growth opportunities.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA or Advanced Degree preferred.
2. 2-6 years of experience in a Big 4/5 accounting firm or a combination of Big 4/5 and private industry, with at least 2-4 years concentration in tax.
3. Experience with Subchapter C Corporations.
4. Experience with international compliance/planning and IRS and state income tax audits a plus.
5. Familiarity with Windows based PC programs (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
6. Experience with CORPTAX and AACTS International Compliance software is a plus.