Tax Compliance Manager
DESCRIPTION: Our client, a Fortune 500 company with international operations, currently seeks a Manager of Corporate Tax to join their team. This is a high exposure position, as you will report directly to the Vice President of Corporate Tax. You will have a top notch staff comprised of tax professionals, many with Big 4/5 experience. If you are currently a Tax Manager with a Big 4 Firm or have a combination of public accounting and private industry tax experience, this is a very rare high level tax opportunity in private industry and is definitely worth exploring.
NOTE: Candidates must be either U.S. citizens or Green Card holders in order to be considered.
1) Review of federal and state income tax return preparation work for all U.S. entities and foreign branches of U.S. legal entities. This includes documentation and research of all associated federal and state issues and the timely filing of all required tax returns and extensions.
2) Preparation and review of year-end tax accruals for all domestic legal entities including the required federal, state and foreign tax provisions. Includes the review and preparation of deferred tax balances and detail components along with the other related tax balance sheet accounts.
3) Management and review of all federal and state income tax quarterly estimates and extensions to ensure timely and accurate compliance.
4) Maintenance of the Tax Calendar to ensure timely satisfaction of all Federal, State and Foreign income tax compliance requirements.
5) Assist in gathering information for the federal tax audit.
6) Responsible for state audits, including scheduling the audits, gathering of data, discussions with the state auditors on specific issues, and final conclusion and agreement.
7) Assist with various projects, including research and planning of specific tax issues.
8) Management of Corporate Tax Specialists including scheduling of required work allocations.
* Minimum of Bachelor's Degree, CPA or Masters in Taxation preferred
* 5-8 years of experience with a Big 5 Firm or in combination with private industry, with at least 5-6 years concentrated in tax compliance work
* Experience with Subchapter C corporations and overall Federal and State Income Tax compliance, both as a preparer and reviewer
* Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word, knowledge of CORPTAX software is a plus