Manager-Credit & Collections
DESCRIPTION: Our client, a Fortune 75 worldwide leader in their industry, currently seeks a Senior Manager with supervisory experience at a Fortune 500 company (or a very large privately held company) to join their management team. You will report directly to the Controller, a highly charged, well respected member of executive management. You will be responsible for assessing the current structure, policies and procedures of the credit and collections department, as well as driving the necessary changes and improvements in order to build a world class, top notch operation. You will take your career to the next level with a strong, growing and dynamic company, in a position that will provide you with the opportunity to mold and create a premier credit and collections team for one of the top companies in the world.
The company provides excellent benefits including 401(k) plan and pension plan, 100% tuition payment (including executive MBA program and $10,000 company stock award upon completion) and more. THIS IS AN EXTREMELY RARE OPPORTUNITY FOR A HIGH-CALIBER CREDIT & COLLECTIONS PROFESIONAL!
***THE COMPANY WILL PAY FULL RELOCATION BENEFITS***
Overall Mission Statement:
* Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the credit and collections department, including its policies and procedures. Restructure and form the department into a configuration that presents the best alignment so that the team succeeds in meeting its goals and objectives. Build, train and develop a world-class credit and collections department that will be the admiration of other Fortune 500 companies.
* Review and evaluate the credit and collections personnel currently in place. Assess each person's strengths and weaknesses. Train, coach and develop each person in order to assist the individual in achieving his or her potential. If needed, eliminate, restructure or add positions within the department and oversee the hiring of new personnel.
* Review and assess the credit policies and approval procedures currently in place. Develop recommendations for the improvement of existing policies and procedures and follow through on the implementation of approved changes. Where needed, establish new controls and oversight mechanisms over the credit approval process.
* Ensure that your department is mantaining adequate contact and interaction with customers. You should have heavy interaction with the company's major customer group.
* Oversee the preparaton and analysis of collection reports, cash forecasts, weekly/monthly reporting and other financial analysis/information as requested by executive management and/or core financial.
* Continually monitor the key accounts receivable indicators such as days outstanding, percentage of A/R in the various aging categories (i.e. 30, 60, 90, etc.), accounts receivable turnover, etc. Maintain a thorough understanding of the facts and circumstances underlying the trends within the indicators and become involved at the earliest sign of negative trends.
* Become involved in negotiations for payment deferrals, settlements or other arrangements. Work closely with the company's legal counsel, as needed, as it relates to troubled accounts for which litigation arises.
* Always be searching for best practices. Require that the entire credit and collections team continually searches for and recommends ways to improve processes.
* Supervise special projects and analysis as requested by executive management.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree; 8+ years experience (at least 3 of which should have been in a supervisory role) in collections for a Fortune 500 company (or a very large privately held company); proven track record documenting your ability to ensure that proper credit guidelines are established and adhered to and that the company's receivables are collected in a timely manner; highly motivated, energetic individual with excellent communication skills; ability to get along with people at all levels.